Read more!

DEFEAT CHILDHOOD OBESITY

AN OPEN SPACE WHERE I LOVE SHARING WITH THE PERSONS WHO ASKING AND LOOKING FORWARD THE RESPONSES ABOUT CHILDHOOD OBESITY, ISSUE OF CRITICAL AND INCREASING IMPORTANCE.

Name:
Location: Marino, Roma, Italy

I'm a mom private writer and I love spending many time with my babies and husband and I'd like to be helpful to all the world with my blog's news about children's health and wellness.

Google
 

October 10, 2007

What is the true cause of childhood depression?



Yesterday following the news on TV, I knew about a boy of 18 years old threw himself from his bedroom window, now this terrible news beyond provoking a deep pain for a broken young life, shocked me when I knew that the reason was the: “depression”.

The boy was isolated from the external world, why mocked from his friends, because his chubby look, provoking in him a deep sense of shame towards his classmates.

The victim was of male sex and seems that in the last years it's increasing the number of persons of such sex that has depression troubles, when instead a study leaded in Finland on a sample of persons women with humor depression in childhood and adolescence has shown a high risk developing overweight and obesity equal to 11 times the risk of who is not depressed.

Other studies have evidenced the presence at the same time of humor's depression and obesity in the female population observing that the obese women are tendentially more depressed then the normal weight women and the overweight or normal weight men.

The last worrisome data, demonstrates that childhood depression is not anymore prerogative all female.

An effective treatment to defeat this disease must consider both disturbs using a therapeutic strategy able to face at the same time the depression and the obesity.

The depression is caused also from the early puberty that beyond submitting the girls to a physical transformation and sexual specific characteristics, suffering the hormonal changes that affecting the cerebral functions, so influencing their psychological condition.

The girls don't accept the physical changes provoked from the puberty, suffering for the weight increase and for the image loss skinny and long-limbed of the prepuberal period idealized from the fashion.

Triggering causes:

  • genetic factors (hereditariness);

  • alcoholism or drug abuse of the parents;

  • maternal depression (can increase the risk of the onset of disturbs depressed);

  • quality of the familiar relationships.

Life events:

  1. loss of a parent;

  2. divorce of the parents;

  3. sexual violence and physical ill-treatments, according to the data for a great association of american psychologists the 37% of women have suffered violence before the age of 21 years;

  4. loss of an affective tie;

  5. study failures;

  6. loneliness and low self-esteem.
This condition is found in adolescents with difficult familiar situation, parents alcoholic or drug addict or in adolescents who have suffered sexual abuses.

It's my firm belief that for dealing this type of disease, the only true effective medicine for the cure, remains always the closeness and the affects of the parents who have the duty and the hard task, but not impossible, decoding the first alarm bells that can lead the sons towards the tunnel of depression.

Most probably the keyword curing this disease is: “dialogue”.
Having a dialogue with the own sons it doesn't means only to speak but also to be able to listen, using the communication like a vehicle of outlet of all fears and the anxieties that our boys today have, but that they keep secretly for them, since in this our society where all is in frenetic movement we don't have more time to stop and to pick the true meaning of our existence, which gives a healthy value to our life: “our sons”.

Often I ask myself: “How it's possible to barter the interior peacefulness or the smile of our sons with one fleeting-life?”. Instantly, I feel a sense of liberation and gratification in answering myself: “material goods are lost, while the higher affect remain”.

“Don't close the stable door after the horse has bolted”.

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

I found a great blog article about how to counter teenage obesity as a parent. http://weightcontrolinfo.com/2008/06/18/counter-teenage-obesity-parent-child-fool-proof-tactics/

June 19, 2008 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger wagli01 said...

martial arts is a great activity for children. Not only is it a great source of exercise but it helps prevent bullying.

Graf's ATA Martial Arts

December 31, 2008 at 9:28 AM  
Blogger Fat Bastardo said...

Fat kids are cute. Fatten these future gluttons. OINK!

July 3, 2009 at 3:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I really liked your site and I am interested in building a relationship with your site. I found your site interesting and very resourceful, too.

You can contact me back at Annina.caruso@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Annina

December 29, 2009 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger jamal said...

Nice site, and useful information
Thank you
treatmentofobesity-inadults.blogspot.com

October 3, 2010 at 11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Obesity is one of the major problem in this world nowadays. I have found a new foundation which is working on childhood obesity awareness which name is Dewey Does.

Deweydoes is foundation working for child obesity. Our motive is to spread awareness among Children, Parents, Teachers, Schools & Society. You can also help us to promote this campaign by liking our Facebook page which makes it more popular then what it is right now:- http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dewey-Does-110/315291233106.Come join us to save a child from child obesity.

February 24, 2012 at 2:52 AM  
Blogger Ronnie said...

I really love your blog. Obesity is really a big problem even with our children. If we cant develop our self esteem as children. How can we overcome depression. Parents have responsibility to their children. I found this product that helped me to lose weight. Roca Labs, it creates a Mini-Gastric Bypass effect in the stomach without undergoing surgery.

June 12, 2012 at 2:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm wondering if I could do it but each time I saw success stories in losing weight I became more determined to do it it's only that I don't know how to start.I have heard
something about a formula that will give you a gastric bypass effect but no surgery by Roca Labs, is it true?

June 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm wondering if I could do it but each time I saw success stories in losing weight I became more determined to do it it's only that I don't know how to start.I have heard
something about a formula that will give you a gastric bypass effect but no surgery by Roca Labs, is it true?

June 28, 2012 at 8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Children this days need help. We as parents need to control and watch what they eat. I found someone that could help my child. Roca Labs. It made my child eat less without feeling hungry, so it's helping my child without forcing her to do it. It is safe since the formula is rich in natural fibers and won't do any harm on the digestive system. I'm happy I found someone that could change my child's future and out of obesity.

July 6, 2012 at 3:09 AM  
Blogger Mariam said...

I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as (518) 303-6207 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
more.

August 8, 2013 at 11:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

While underweight children have a serious health problems, the same is true of overweight infants too. To monitor and rectify childhood obesity, Ankura Women and Children’s Hospital has well-equipped Pediatric Obesity Clinics

November 28, 2015 at 4:33 AM  
Blogger jasonbob said...

canada goose
yeezy 700
pg 1
golden goose sneakers
supreme clothing
birkin bag
yeezy boost 350
yeezys
air jordan
yeezy boost 350
xiaofang20191215

December 14, 2019 at 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home